Effective Date: 10/15/2020
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Blue Planet Photography, LLC. We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. We hope you take some time to read through it carefully, as it is important and will help you make informed decisions about sharing your personal information with us. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us.
BPP complies with the 6 overall guiding principles of GDPR:
- Lawfulness, Transparency, and Fairness
- Purpose Limitation: personal data is only used for the specific reason we collect that data, such as making a purchase or subscribing to our newsletter, and nothing else
- Data Minimization: only the minimum required data is used to process any request
- Accuracy: ensuring personal data is accurate and adequate
- Storage Limitation: personal data is stored no longer than necessary
- Confidentiality and Integrity: personal data is processed securely
BPP also complies with the 8 Rights of Individuals of Users:
- The right of access: enables you to receive a copy of your data and check we are lawfully processing it
- The right of rectification: enables you to ask us, or to do it yourself, to correct any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you
- The right of erasure: enables you to ask us, or do it yourself, remove or delete your personal data
- The right to restrict processing: enables you to request some personal data be restricted from processing
- The right to data portability: enables you to request a copy of your data and to give it to another data controller
- The right to object: enables you to object to the processing of your personal data, particularly for the purpose of direct marketing, which includes BPP Newsletters or other notifications you have subscribed to. BPP does not send marketing materials without consent
- Rights related to automated decision-making: this applies to using personal data for profiling, which BPP does not engage in, but may occur with a third party vendor, such as for credit checks
If you want to exercise any of the rights described above, or are dissatisfied with how we have used your personal data, please contact us using our contact form. We will seek to respond to your request without undo delay and, in any event, in accordance with the requirements of the GDPR and local laws and regulations. Please note, we may keep a record of any correspondence to help with resolving any issue you may have.
- Personal Data: any information which relates to a living, identifiable, person. Personal data can include name, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, social media accounts, etc., as well as any information relating to that person, or a combination of information which, if put together, can identify the person.
- Processing: all activities relating to the use of personal data by an organization, from its collection through its storage and disposal, and everything in between.
- Data Subject: the person whose data is being processed.
We collect personal information you voluntarily provide to us when registering on BPP, subscribing to our newsletter, when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when participating in activities on the site (such as posting messages, comments, testimonials, or entering competitions, contests, or giveaways), or otherwise contacting us. The personal information we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and BPP, the choices you make, and the products and features you use.
Personal Data We Collect
We may collect, and you may provide, the following information:
- Name and Contact Data. We collect your first, and in some cases last, name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data in order for us to ship products, verify purchases, send newsletters, contact you for clarification or resolution of issues, and other necessary reasons.
- Credentials. We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access to BPP.
- Payment Data. We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make a purchase, such as your payment instrument number (credit or debit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by our payment processor (PayPal). Blue Planet Photography, LLC. does not retain payment data, but it does pass through our site to our payment processor. You should review PayPal's privacy policies and contact PayPal directly to respond to any of your payment data questions.
- Social Media Login Data. We provide you with the option to register using social media account details, like your Facebook, Twitter, or other social media account. If you choose to register in this way, we will receive certain profile information about you from your social media provider, such as your name, email address, friends list, profile picture, as well as other information you choose to make public. We may also request access to other permissions related to your account, such as friends, check-ins, and likes. You may choose to grant or deny us access to each individual permission.
- Other Information Relevant To Customer Surveys And/Or Offers.
- Visitation Data. Some information, such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics, is collected automatically when you visit our website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information), but may include your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, state or other general location, information about how and when you use our Site, and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Sites, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
- All personal information you provide to us must be true, complete, and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to your personal information to ensure a safe and problem-free experience.
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided, unless you have instructed us not to.
- From time to time, we may (rarely, if ever) use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file containing bits of data, like encrypted username and password or items you've selected for your shopping cart, that are exchanged between a user's computer and a web server. The cookie identifies and verifies users to make logging in to websites easier and faster, increases online safety by protecting you and other shoppers from fraud, and improves the browsing experience.. Once you agree to allow cookies, the file is added to your computer. The cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, disabling cookies may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, when you use these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over other how other websites treat your visit. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by letting us know using our Contact form or logging into your customer account and modifying or removing the appropriate data. Our newsletter contains an unsubscribe link as well as a link to update your contact information (name and email address) to continue receiving the newsletter if your email address changes.
- you may choose to delete your personal data, effectively removing your customer account. However, removing your personal data may affect any after-sales services like returns, warranties, or other service guarantees, because we are no longer able to identify you as an existing customer. By deleting your personal data, you waive the right to any after-sales services.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties. We will not divulge your personal information to any third party unless required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please let us know your request using our Contact Us form.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible. You may also update your information at any time by creating and/or logging into your account. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|Cookie Name||Cookie Description|
|FORM_KEY||Stores randomly generated key used to prevent forged requests.|
|PHPSESSID||Your session ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to view and edit their orders.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history, if you have asked for this.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The Store view or language you have selected.|
|MAGE-CACHE-SESSID||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE-SECTION-INVALIDATION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-TIMEOUT||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|SECTION-DATA-IDS||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|PRIVATE_CONTENT_VERSION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|X-MAGENTO-VARY||Facilitates caching of content on the server to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-FILE-VERSION||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-STORAGE||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|